The Division of Human Services works to address the causes, effects, and conditions of poverty by purchasing, coordinating, and providing social services in our community.
Human Services Administration
- Administer City of Columbia funding for the purchase of social services from community-based providers.
- Administer direct social services programming.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate community social services.
- Provide staff support for the Human Services Commission and the Substance Abuse Advisory Commission.
- Apply for and administer grant funding from external funding sources including the state and federal governments and foundations.
- Plan and coordinate human services in emergencies and disasters.
Social Services Unit
- Information and referral
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Pregnancy support services
- Healthy Families home visiting program
- Utility assistance
- Medication and medical supplies assistance