Thank you for attending the 2016 Columbia-Boone County Homelessness Summit!
The 2016 Columbia-Boone County Homelessness Summit, held November 17 & 18 at City Hall as a joint effort between Heart of Missouri United Way, the City of Columbia and Boone County, was a huge success! We thank everyone for coming together in the spirit of collaboration.
Take the post-summit survey
Thank you for taking a moment to weigh in on this event, how we can best follow-up, and to improve community event planning efforts in the future. Not every question is required, so answer as you are able.
Action planning overview
The Homelessness Summit Planning Committee has synthesized the community action planning session results from Day 2 of the summit. The planning process was organized around the U.S Interagency Council on Homelessness Goal Framework, which groups goals for addressing homelessness into the following categories:
- Chronically homeless
- Homelessness overall
Across categories, three broad strategic themes and corresponding action steps to reduce homelessness in Boone County have been identified as follows:
- Increase access to affordable housing
- Engage landlords
- Increase number of affordable housing units
- Transition to a housing-first model
- Develop resources for strategic planning and implementation
- Move resources toward implementation
- Coordinate across systems
- Conduct community-based systems mapping to increase knowledge about system gaps and potential leverage points that were captured in action planning
- Initiate a local Continuum of Care Task Force
- Develop a coordinated entry system
VIDEO: Watch the Homelessness Summit
City Channel video
Media coverage of the Homelessness Summit
Columbia Daily Tribune: “Local officials tout housing-first model to reduce homelessness opens in a new window“
Columbia Missourian: “Columbia hopes to end homelessness with new initiative opens in a new window“